Coordinator of Community Engagement
About EmpowerED Families
The mission of EmpowerED Families (EF) is to build family power through relationships while rallying behind the strengths of parents to weave together the home, school, and community to fight for high-quality education. EmpowerED Families connects with Indianapolis parents, families, community and school leaders to help build parent power and to activate change.
We do this work by listening, educating, organizing, and leading:
Listen: We believe in the value of conversation and provide a safe space for parents and educators to share their needs and concerns. We host one-on-one meetings and small group conversations that we call House Meetings.
Educate: We also teach parents ways to effectively advocate for high-quality education within the schools that their children attend. We host events and trainings to enable parents, educators and families to learn and grow together.
Organize: We help parents and families realize the power of their own voice to activate change. We help parents organize locally within schools to create urgency around the issues that are most important to them.
Lead: Our movement is led by families for families. We activate parents to step into leadership within schools and communities.
The Coordinator of Community Engagement position at EmpowerED Families, reporting to the Director of Community Organizing & Partnerships, is primarily responsible for executing the engagement strategy of EmpowerED Families and also managing day-to-day administrative responsibilities. The ideal candidate for this position will creatively develop innovative engagement approaches to reach our families, be highly organized and efficient, and have a strong attention-to-detail.
- Work with Director of Community Organizing & Partnerships to develop an EF community engagement strategy
- Serve as EF ambassador at relevant local events, including at partner organizations, schools, conferences, school board meetings, etc.
- Develop creative strategies for connecting with parents, educators, and school leaders and increase their interest in EmpowerED Families; make connections between grassroots stakeholders and the Director of Community Organizing & Partnerships to funnel individuals from engagement to organizing
- Database Management
- Manage and maintain a timely and comprehensive Salesforce database of current and potential EmpowerED Families members, partners, funders, etc
- Run reports as needed
- Social Media and Digital Strategy
- Manage and develop content for EmpowerED Families social media accounts
- Track analytics and create reports detailing impact of social media campaigns
- Maintain EF digital media archives including photos and videos
- Ensure that all communications and marketing materials align with EF brand standards.
- Event planning and logistics, including but not limited to: identifying and booking locations for events, proofing and printing handouts/materials, providing any other materials needed for the events, securing contracts with vendors as needed, etc.
- Additional operations related duties as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in all modes of social media including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- An innovation and creative approach to engagement and outreach.
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects and a strong ability to plan strategically and marshal resources toward the implementation of that plan.
- Ability to take initiative and high levels of ownership for outcomes, and exercise sound judgment in day-to-day decision-making.
- Understand and appreciate the use of outcomes-based data and information to help drive performance.
- Passion for and demonstrated commitment to social and educational justice.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including weeknights and weekends; ability to travel and work remotely; driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Strong technology skills with ability to work and execute on remote platforms.
- Experience with Google Suite, Salesforce or similar CRM system, and Mailchimp or similar email marketing software
- Comfort and familiarity running social media campaigns
- Deep knowledge of and/or personal experience in Indianapolis education system and advocacy landscape
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Spanish fluency highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume with cover letter to Kim Graham, Director of Organizing and Partnerships at email@example.com.