Join us at community meetings around the city. Come just as you are.
EmpowerED Families hosts Parent Connection Meetings around the city in effort to genuinely connect with parents, families, the community, and education advocates. The location of the meetings are intentionally hosted throughout Indianapolis neighborhoods.
Kimberly Graham, Director of Organizing & Partnerships for EmpowerED Families said, “We go where the families are. It’s important for us to make these connections because their voices are needed. In many ways, we’re all impacted by what happens with our K-12 education. However, our goal is to build a movement of families of color and allies to fight for equitable education practices and policies that leads to greater social and economic opportunities for students in Indianapolis. The only way we do this, is by making sure those voices are heard.”
- During these meetings, we connect in a relaxed environment. We also talk about things we’ve done and why we need more family and community members to help us advocate for K-12 public school students.
- Learn more about why your voice matters.
- Find out how you can get involved & how to help ensure students in your life have access to a great K-12 education. You are needed.
At EmpowerED Families, we rally behind parent and family concerns in order to fight for high quality education. We do this by building relationships with Indianapolis with families, schools and the community in order to activate change.
- Sepa por qué su voz en importante.
- Averigüe cómo puede participar y cómo ayudar a que los estudiantes de su entorno tengan acceso a una educación de calidad.
En EmpowerED Families nos unimos a las preocupaciones de los padres y las familias para luchar por una educación de calidad. Lo hacemos construyendo relaciones con las familias, las escuelas y la comunidad Indianápolis para activar el cambio.